Sunday, September 26, 2010

School is cool !

Who knew school could be so fun, I guess when you're doing what you really love, it is! It's exhausting at the same time, there's a ton of info/notes everyday and lots of cooking too. Here are a few pics of what's gone down in the last 2 weeks.


We did stocks, soups, sauces, wine education and some knife skills
This was the Lobster I killed with a knife to the head, chopped him up and made the most delicious Bisque ever. 
Simmering Bisque
Vegetable Stock 
This was my Potato Leek soup and my feeble attempt at fancy presentation, swirling paprika sour cream w/ fried leeks.
This is the Hollandaise derivative collection, rarely seen all at once like this.
Each of us made one- Hollandaise, Bernaise, Foyot, Choron, Maltaise, Mousseline, Paloise. 
Wine Class, tasting for 2 days, rough life for sure.
Chef is fast with his board notes, I take pictures ALOT so I can compare my notes to his before he erases them and moves on. This one is about the French wine regions, they make it so complicated, but oh so old world cool.

The first 2 weeks have been amazing, Still geekin' that I'm actually doing this.
Now if I can pass the ServeSafe test next week all will be good.

2 comments:

A Gilded Life said...

So proud of you, Sarah. It all sounds so fabulous... and so perfect for you!!

xoxo Debbie

Rachel K. Lincoln said...

this is so awesome Sarah! everything looks like it is tons of fun, keep up the hard work!!