Sunday, November 21, 2010

Salad/Sandwiches/Cheese and BBQ

Salads, dressings, sandwiches, visit from a Cheese Monger aka Chef Starr and to finish the week BBQ. We had a day of totally creative freedom and one day of copying others EXACTLY. Chef Starr Cornwall came to chat with us about CHEESE, she was awesome! Here's the photo story for this week.

- Classic Salads - 
We had to use all the proper ingredients, 
but we could present them in our own way.
Waldorf Salad
Greek Salad
Spinach Salad w/ Bacon Dressing

Next up for Salads, we had to copy a picture out of a book and make it exactly like the picture. 
My version and the picture from the book
Lobster Artichoke Salad
rounds of artichoke hearts, filled with mustard whip cream, chopped lobster and artichoke hearts, floating in saute verte with lobster medallions and claw meat
My version and the picture from the book
Asparagus Salad
center is filled with roasted eggplant puree, 
floating in vichyssoise w/ caviar
Classic Club
Classic Ruben
Classic Croque Monsieur
CHEESE! Chef Starr was a blast, she taught me A LOT.
KR this is your night cheese !
This feisty little guy was trying to step to me. 
My chef knife and me won the battle.
Grilled delight.
this is our protein assortment for BBQ day, it was a feast for many
tri tips, chicken breast, quail, lobster, shrimp, filet mignon, salmon, mahi mahi, pork medallions, cornish game hens, top sirloin, lamb chops
grill feast is ready

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Your presentations are beautiful. I bet they were delish! Good going Sarah, you are awesome.

Anonymous said...

WOWOWOWOWOW!!!!

Great creativity and I can taste it from here!

Susan in Seattle

ava said...

s, i am rather glad i am nowhere near you and your classes right now. i'd eat it all!!!

TLee said...

Yum!! now, I'm hungry. Everything looks amazing Sarah, you and Chef Barbie are on it!!

Anonymous said...

LOL! I love me some night cheese. I will expect a plate just like that placed in front of me at approx. 10pm every night I'm down there.

What is up with the Greek Salad Boat?
Where is it sailing off too?

Love you BIG
-KR