Sunday, November 14, 2010

Mystery Basket #1

Last week was our first mystery basket week. We'd get 1 hour and 45 minutes to complete 2 plates with 2 different proteins as well as a starch and a veggie for each plate. The protein was revealed right when the clock started. It was an amazing learning experience, little scary, super fun and kind of freeing. We could cook anything we wanted with what we could find in the walk in fridge and we had use of the entire pantry. I thought for sure this week would kick my ass, but as the week went on I felt like I was doing the ass kicking. Learned a lot and had a blast. Check out my creations.
Herb Crusted Salmon w/couscous & asparagus 
and lemon butter caper sauce.
Poached Seabass in a lite lemon thyme broth.
this one needs some work. LOL
Pork Skewers w/ Fennel Orange salad 
and chili dipping sauce.
Lamb Loin crusted with Fennel and Caraway seeds
and red wine mustard sauce.
Spicy Shrimp Skewers w/ purple cabbage slaw, soba noodles.
and sweet chili dipping sauce.
Prosciutto wrapped Scallops w/ sun dried tomato basil sauce
over a bed of micro mustard greens.
 
Grilled Veal Chop w/ Orzo corn asparagus salad 
and Porcini Gorgonzola sauce.
Isn't she the cutest thing EVER ?!?!? My cousin Amy sent me this outfit she had specially made for Barbie. I squealed like a 6 year old when I opened this. Thanks AMY ! you rock.


7 comments:

Re D'Findz said...

Aaaaaa....So cool. Awesome.

Sarah Lauer said...

You could be on Chopped! Looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

Zara, i want he lemon caper sauce recipe PLEASE!!! love capers and I always need a sauce for my salmon.. please!!
luv Zida

Unknown said...

She did 4 mystery baskets in 4 days, 2 dishes each day. She scored a 16 out of 20 points on the first day then a 19, a 20 and then another perfect 20! I'll brag for her!

Dad said...

I'm Hungry

Unknown said...

Aloha,

Great! cooking under pressure! I remember it well...Great job Sarah you are rockin your class and yeah chef Barbie is way...peace and fun, M

juliekdesigns said...

Table for three please! It all looks amazing! I don't want the recipies, I want to order from the menu! Love you, girl!!